Last Revised: March 5, 2012
What Is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number), or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Services or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information from you in various ways when you use the Services. For example, we collect information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you send us an email, fill out a form, provide or request information, or otherwise submit information to or through the Services. Such information may include personal information such as your name, email, and telephone number. Personal information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with making a recording, posting a photograph or other content or sending messages to other users. We may collect audio logs of your interactions with the Services in order to perform or improve our speech recognition technology or for other internal research purposes. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic and personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, games, promotional offers, and other activities in connection with the Services.
Passive Collection: When you use the Services, some information is also automatically collected. For example, we may automatically collect certain information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), your mobile number, your device model and name, your operating system, the browser type, your preferred language, and your activity on the Service. We may also automatically collect certain logistical information in server logs, including information about how you use various features of our service and information about the number, frequency and length of each session. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of the Services. We may use Web beacons or similar technology in connection with the Services. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used in the Services or in emails relating to the Services to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Services, such as to count visits, understand usage and effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third-Party Websites: If you submit content to a third-party site, such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, in connection with the Services, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as the username, handle, or e-mail address you use for these services.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through our Services for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Services. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide and maintain the Services and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- respond to your communications and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Services;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends and demographic information, and to personalize and improve the Services and our users’ experiences, such as providing ads, content, or features tailored for you;
- to provide you with news and information about our or third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products, and services we think will be of interest to you;
- to send you confirmations, updates, product announcements, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- to notify you about important changes to our Services and our terms and policies;
- for internal data analysis and research to develop and improve our Services and future products and services, such as to test or improve our speech recognition technology; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share the personal information we collect from you through the Services with third parties, except as described in this Policy. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Services and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you in connection with the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CrossTuner, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect CrossTuner or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Services;
in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of CrossTuner.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to and Sharing with Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. You may opt out of the collection of audio logs in connection with your use of the CrossTuner application by using the preferences settings for this feature, which is located in the Settings panel for the application.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.